Click here to apply for the 2018 ANC Scholarship
Click here to join NAGDCA
NAGDCA Quiz Bowl - Sign Up Today!
Click here to view the 2017 ANC Scholarship Winners
NAGDCA Student Code of Conduct
InFRE Retirement Career Guide
Human Resource Contacts of Industry Companies
With the help of the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE), NAGDCA has instituted a Student Program for individuals interested in pursuing a career in the field of defined contribution/deferred compensation administration and financial planning. NAGDCA is very excited to have the opportunity to act as an additional resource to individuals who are considering a career path, which may lead to future membership in the organization. NAGDCA has been working hard to enhance the participation of younger individuals, and we feel that we have started to make huge strides in this direction.
At the 2017 Annual Conference, 35 university students participated in NAGDCA’s Student Mentoring Program, where they were matched with professionals from the private and public sector of defined contribution/deferred compensation administration. During the conference, they relied on their mentors for networking with fellow attendees; they were encouraged to ask questions concerning the defined contribution/deferred compensation field; and we want the students to feel free to contact their mentors as a future resource.
The NAGDCA/ANC Foundation also provided stipends for six Quiz Bowl teams and seven scholarships to students pursuing a career in financial planning. One scholarship winner received funds to pursue his/her designation as a Certified Retirement Counselor CRC®, $5,000 to be used toward educational expenses for the upcoming school year, and all-expense paid travel to the NAGDCA Annual Conference. Six other students received all-expense paid travel and accommodations for the NAGDCA Annual Conference.
NAGDCA has partnered with InFRE to ensure the success of the student program.
Please take a moment to review the many benefits of joining NAGDCA’s Student Program.
- Free attendance to the NAGDCA Annual Conference with unparalleled networking opportunities with Government and Industry members.
- An on-line Membership Directory of individuals currently involved in the defined contribution community.
- Students may join both, the Government and industry member groups on the NAGDCA Network, to enable open channels of communication and receive in depth information and issues currently affecting the defined contribution community.
- The Contributor, NAGDCA’s quarterly newsletter that provides the latest information on association issues, members and legislative matters.
- An interactive website that provides current information on jobs, federal activities, meetings, members, RFPs, presentations and more (a password is required for portions of the website)!
- An electronic clearinghouse with resources that offer answers and perspectives on various issues by showing actual practices used by members across the country. This function is also a great means of research.
- Free participation in our NAGDCASTs, NAGDCA’s interactive, web-based educational programs with a wide variety of subject matter including Legislative Updates and current topics that affect the defined contribution community.
- Access to continuing education credits through NAGDCA’s affiliation with the International Foundation for Retirement Education (InFRE).
- Publications such as electronic brochures on issues of importance to the industry; NAGDCA Notes, whitepapers on industry hot topics; and the Biennial Plan Survey on information critical to understanding issues and industry trends.